METICULOUS and METHODICAL IN PURSUIT OF IRISH ANCESTORS
Paul Gorry, Member of Accredited Genealogists Ireland
Member of Accredited Genealogists Ireland
More About Us
Who Are Gorry Research?
This and that…
A Very Occasional Blog
Gordon Bennett !!! This photograph was taken on Wednesday 1 July 1903 in South Main Street, Naas, Co. Kildare. What...
It’s now exactly a hundred years since the name Valentino was first noticed by cinema audiences and became synonymous...
It is impossible to imagine the mental state of John Jackson during his meeting with Dr. Dockeray 150 years ago this...
“The following books were written by Paul Gorry;
- Credentials for Genealogists: Proof of the Professional | Second Edition (Baltinglass: Gorry Research, 2021)
- Seven Signatories: Tracing the Family Histories of the Men Who Signed the Proclamation (Newbridge: Merrion Press, 2016)
- Baltinglass Chronicles, 1851-2001 (Dublin: Nonsuch, 2006)
- Baltinglass Golf Club 1928-2003 (Baltinglass: Baltinglass Golf Club, 2003)
- Tracing Irish Ancestors, with Máire Mac Conghail (Glasgow: HarperCollins, 1997)
For more details please visit the BOOKSHELF
More About Us
Paul Gorry’s Journey Through Genealogy
The past has been a place of fascination for me for as long as I can remember. The Ladybird History Book series were among my earliest reading material. The ruins of the Cistercian Abbey, just down the road from my home in Baltinglass, was somewhere to explore.
The first pedigree I remember seeing was of the fictional Forsyte family from John Galsworthy’s novels, then being dramatised on television. Watching the series I figured out how to read the pedigree. And then I turned my attention to my own family, royal families and the families of my unfortunate neighbours! My genealogical curiosity had no limits.